Breaking News

‘I am not Jesus’- Oyinbo man explains his mistaken identity

Following an incident in Kenya where he encountered people who simply thought he was Jesus the son of God , the ‘mystery’ man has explained himself.

Daniel Christos was mistaken to be ‘Jesus’ in Kenya
When some Kenyans spotted a man who looked like the biblical Jesus Christ based on the movies they must have seen (where Jesus is presumed to be an Oyinbo man), they simply took the opportunity to take pictures and even invite him into their homes.

As it turns out, the man who had this experience, is non other than an Australian man identified as Daniel Christos.

Christos who said he is not a beggar, but actually a traveler from Perth, Australia, took to his Facebook page to react when a user identified as Mook Carter III said they would set up a committee to crucify him together with two thieves. He said he was uncomfortable with the threat, and felt the need to respond saying:

“I arrived in Kenya less than 2 weeks ago from Ethiopia and have been welcomed with so much enthusiasm like I’ve never experienced before in my life. In fact, it’s been so extreme that it’s been a little overwhelming.

Every single corner I walk on in Nairobi I have noticed someone either taking a photo or video while hundreds of times a day I hear people calling out “Jesus!”.

Kenyan people, in general, have been very friendly and loving. Until I find this photo of me circulating online. I feel a little concerned by this person’s comments. I don’t know who wrote it and I don’t know if it was just a joke or if they were serous, but it has made me a little uncomfortable to walk in the streets of Nairobi. I shouldn’t have to respond to such close minded nonsense but a quick message to whoever posted the photo and comment… I AM NOT JESUS! I HAVE NEVER PRETENDED TO BE. I am a traveler who has come to your country as a visitor, i would hope that one day if Jesus does return you treat him with a little more respect than you have treated me. To everyone else, you are a beautiful people, I love you!”

LOL! What do you think?


No comments